Archive

Archive for the ‘Community’ Category

Volunteers help beautify Fogarty Elementary

Bookmark and Share

By Justin Fortney
Special to Guthrie News Page

(With the bond election coming up soon, I thought it would be interesting to sit down with the principals at some of the Guthrie schools and get their perspectives on education in Guthrie. What I ended up hearing were some great stories about how the community has come together to make sure Guthrie kids get some really unique opportunities.  – Justin Fortney)

Each summer Guthrie Schools’ maintenance staff work to fix the necessary stuff, but with budgets tight, there’s not a lot left over for many beautification projects. This year Fogarty Elementary’s Principal Marsha Todd has seen the community come together to make the campus a place the students can be proud of. Read more…

Joe Chappell 2015 Chairman, Guthrie Cares

April 30, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

Joe Chappell, a long-time supporter of clean and beautiful neighborhoods, is this year’s Chairman of Neighborhood Solutions latest program “Guthrie Cares”.  Chappell, a licensed Health Care Administrator, currently serves as Vice Chairman of Neighborhood Solutions and is a founder of Highland Park Neighborhood Association. Chappell has served on Parks and Recreation and Planning and Development Commissions by appointment.  Read more…

Categories: Community

James Long: Preparing your house to go on the market

April 30, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

Local realtor James Long shares his column this week on preparing your house to go on the market.

Read more…

Categories: Column, Community Tags:

Chamber Chat: “I am not a leader, I am a visionary”

April 24, 2015 1 comment

Bookmark and Share

Hello! I heard lots of great comments about this year’s 89er parade, the weather turned out to be gorgeous bringing in lots of people! Thanks to everyone who made the event so successful, especially Steve Gentling who chaired the committee!  Read more…

Logan County Health Department observes Administrative Professionals Week

April 20, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

The Logan County Health Department is recognizing the work of its administrative professionals during Administrative Professionals Week, April 19-25, 2015. Read more…

1 year old wins World of Babies pageant

April 20, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

Sophie EvansOur Diamond Miss held a World of Babies preliminary pageant over the weekend at the Guthrie Christian Church. Coming away a winner was one-year-old Addison Seals. Read more…

Young fisherman encounter rain throughout fishing tourney at Guthrie Lake

April 15, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

You know what they say — April showers bring May flowers, but that did not keep several young anglers from hitting Guthrie Lake for Mercy Health Foundation’s Fishing Tournament. Read more…

%d bloggers like this: