Archive

Archive for the ‘Community’ Category

Chamber Chat: “I am not a leader, I am a visionary”

April 24, 2015 1 comment

Bookmark and Share

Hello! I heard lots of great comments about this year’s 89er parade, the weather turned out to be gorgeous bringing in lots of people! Thanks to everyone who made the event so successful, especially Steve Gentling who chaired the committee!  Read more…

Logan County Health Department observes Administrative Professionals Week

April 20, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

The Logan County Health Department is recognizing the work of its administrative professionals during Administrative Professionals Week, April 19-25, 2015. Read more…

Categories: Community

1 year old wins World of Babies pageant

April 20, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

Sophie EvansOur Diamond Miss held a World of Babies preliminary pageant over the weekend at the Guthrie Christian Church. Coming away a winner was one-year-old Addison Seals. Read more…

Young fisherman encounter rain throughout fishing tourney at Guthrie Lake

April 15, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

You know what they say — April showers bring May flowers, but that did not keep several young anglers from hitting Guthrie Lake for Mercy Health Foundation’s Fishing Tournament. Read more…

Festivals are what makes Guthrie a great place to live

Bookmark and Share

Guthrie – A Festival City

What does Guthrie celebrate? 89er’s Day, Bluegrass and Americana Music and Victorian Christmas — just to name a few themes for festivals held annually throughout the town of Guthrie. Read more…

Senior Living: Where am I going to live when I get to that certain age?

Bookmark and Share

Where am I going to live when I get to that certain age? Will I be able to stay active and continue to do the activities I love?  Will I be able to continue to drive my car? Will I be able to live independently? If I need assistance will I be able to stay in my home or will I need to move to an assisted living home or a skilled nursing home? These are the questions that we all will have to answer at some point, it is important to know the facts. Read more…

Categories: Column, Community

89er carnival times and prices

April 14, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

The carnival is in town, the carnival is in town. Now, what are the prices and hours? No worries Guthrie News Page has your answers.  Read more…

Categories: Community, Entertainment

Library book discussion group

April 11, 2015 Leave a comment

Bookmark and Share

Guthrie Public Library’s book discussion series Let’s Talk About It, Oklahoma! is still going strong. Staff and customers alike are anticipating the final meeting of the spring season at 6 pm on Monday, April 27. The meeting will feature two books, Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen and Mistress of Mellyn by Victoria Holt, and there are still books available for check out for those interested in reading and join in on what’s sure to be a lively discussion. Read more…

‘89er Celebration kicks off with Chuck Wagon Feast and auction

Bookmark and Share

“One of the great traditions of the ‘89er Celebration in Guthrie America is the Chuck Wagon Feast,” noted Albert Hawkes, American Legion Commander and coordinator of the Chuck Wagon event. Read more…

Categories: Community, Entertainment

Chamber Chat: Logan Community Services hosting book drive

Bookmark and Share

Hello! April is chocked full of events! The Licorice Festival started today at Aunt Gertrude’s House located at 112 E. Oklahoma until Sunday the 12th.  Read more…

%d bloggers like this: