Home > Fire, Guthrie Fire Department, News > Firefighters called out to house fire; dog found deceased

Firefighters called out to house fire; dog found deceased

Bookmark and Share

Firefighters prevented a residence from going up in flames on Sunday afternoon.

The Guthrie Fire Department responded to a two-story house located at 508 E. Harrison at 2:20 p.m.

When emergency crews arrived to the scene smoke could be seen escaping from the roof.

Firefighters made entry into the home that appeared to be occupied, but luckily no one was inside the home at the time of the fire. However, a dog was found deceased inside.

A smoldering recliner and boxes were removed from inside the residence.

The cause of the fire was a space heater to close to a couch.

IMG_1455.JPG

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Share Your Comments

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: