Home > Fire, Guthrie Fire Department > House sustains smoke damage following fire

House sustains smoke damage following fire

Bookmark and Share

Residents were able to escape a house fire on Tuesday afternoon, but the family’s pet dog was unable to escape and died.House Fire 12092014

The Guthrie Fire Department responded and arrived to 216 E. Vilas. Once on the scene, smoke could be seen filtering out of the home just after 1 p.m.

Firefighters did not need much time to get the fire out that appears to have started in the rear of the home.

Guthrie Fire Chief Eric Harlow says the fire was caused by an overloaded extension cord.

While there were no flames seen from the outside of the structure, the home sustained smoke damage.

There were no injuries reported at the scene.

Guthrie News Page will have more as more details are known.

Advertisements
  1. December 10, 2014 at 2:07 am

    SOMETHING GOOD NEEDS TO HAPPEN TO PEGGY

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Share Your Comments

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: