Home > Fire, Guthrie Fire Department, News > Homeowners of 30 years see house go up in smoke

Homeowners of 30 years see house go up in smoke

Bookmark and Share

A Guthrie family will be out of their home for some time to come after a fire broke out in their living room on Saturday afternoon.

House Fire 08312013The family, who has lived in the home for 30 years, were able to get out of the home when smoke could be seen billowing out from the eaves of the home located at 502 N. Broad. See video below

The Guthrie Fire Department worked quickly to keep the fire contained to the first level floor while battling triple digit temperatures. Oak Cliff Fire and Red Cross assisted the Guthrie firefighters, who reported to the home just before 4 p.m.

Neighbors were seen at the home after fire crews left the scene helping the family by removing carpet and furnishings in the home along with boarding up windows.

The homeowners is reported not to have home insurance.

  1. September 1, 2013 at 11:56 pm

    video does not play, please check.

  2. September 2, 2013 at 12:02 am

    Video has been corrected – thank you!

  1. September 3, 2013 at 11:45 am

Share Your Comments

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: