Home > Fire, Guthrie Fire Department > Metal building catches fire; firefighters keep home safe

Metal building catches fire; firefighters keep home safe

Bookmark and Share

An electric fence may have been the cause for a grass fire that later cause a metal portable building to go up in smoke.

The Guthrie Fire Department and Sooner Volunteer Fire Department were called to Oak Lake Drive, off of Triplett Road, to the Oak Lake Estates just before 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.

Photo Gallery

According to Fire Chief Eric Harlow, the fire started near the fence line and made its way to the building, that housed several items including an ATV.

Harlow believed the fire caused an estimated $10,000 worth of damage.

Fire crews were able to keep the fire away from a home and camper that was sandwiched between the metal building.

Majority of the land was burned, but no injuries were reported.

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Share Your Comments

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: