Sidewalks to be considered for students in Council meeting
The 61st Guthrie City Council will meet Tuesday, August 2nd, at 7:00 for a regular scheduled meeting.
The council will consider approving the use of the Soccer Field at 300 N. Academy Road and waiving the 5% fee, as recommended by the Guthrie Park Board for the Logan County Soccer Club, Inc.
Next on the agenda, the council will consider approval of Budget Amendment Number 6 and increasing the budget for the General Fund in the amount of $6,080. The requested amendment is for funds received from the Friends of the Guthrie Public Library in the amount of $136 for electronic library material and from Oklahoma Municipal Assurance Group in the amount of $5,944 for a vehicle that was damaged.
The council will then considering a contract for engineering services for the Safe Routes to School Project and between the City of Guthrie and Jackson & Jackson Engineering, Inc. The agreement would design a sidewalk along the north right-of-way of East Jefferson Avenue from Fogarty Elementary to N. Ash Street; and along the west right-of-way of N. Broad Street from E. Jefferson to E. Washington Avenue; and along the east right-of-way of N. Wentz Street from E. College Avenue to E. Jefferson Street.
The Safe Routes to School Program is a 100% federally funded reimbursement program and Jackson & Jackson Engineering, Inc. has been approved by the Oklahoma Department of Transportation for professional engineering services.
Two public hearings will be heard with Guthrie resident Angie Byte requesting a message therapy business as a home occupation in North Park Street and Howard Williams will be seeking approval to place a manufactured home in a R-1 residential zone.
The council will convene for an executive session to discuss a pending investigation by Logan County Rural Water #1 and will return for consideration.
Share Your Comments Cancel reply
- Birth Annoucement
- Chamber of Commerce
- City Council
- Election Board
- Guthrie Fire Department
- Guthrie Park Board
- Guthrie Police
- Guthrie Public Schools
- Guthrie Public Works Authority
- Local Government
- Logan County Commission
- Logan County Sheriff Office
- Public Records
- State Government
Top Posts & Pages
- GUES teachers set for retirement; service awards given out
- Chamber Chat: Farmers Market is coming; computer classes set
- Logan County filings for May 22, 2013
- Frequently asked questions about storm sirens and shelters
- Logan County filings for April 2013
- GHS delivers donations to victims; donations still being accepted
- GUES announces top students for reader points
- Environmental Management sets up donation drop off for Carney
- Logan County filings for March 2013
- Logan County filings for February 2013
- Members of the Guthrie Fire Department are assisting Kingfisher rescue teams on a possible drowning in a Kingfisher creek. 11 hours ago
- Games Canceled - All Guthrie little league baseball games have been canceled for Thursday. Games are rescheduled for Wednesday, June 5. 19 hours ago
- Reserve academy graduates; ceremony set for Friday The Logan County Sheriff’s Office is hosting a Reserve Peace... fb.me/1ETqxILvY 19 hours ago
- What started out as a one day event has now blossomed into a major relief effort for the tornado victims in... fb.me/1wFQArNbR 19 hours ago
- Chamber Chat: Farmers Market is coming; computer classes set fb.me/2ZEbvJC9c 20 hours ago
- 672,647 hits